yachts are manufactured from its Manitowoc, Wisconsin shipyard. In 1863, Henry Burger started producing 20-foot to 30-foot Mackinaw fishing boats for local usage. Today, Burger Boat Company designs and manufactures custom motor yachts with a mix of traditional and contemporary aspects, using aluminum as their major material. Burger is the originator of the flush-deck cruiser, and incorporates this design into some modern yachts. The size of Burger yachts falls between 82 feet and 165 feet in length. Burger has also developed the Automatic Managed Power System, using equipment from several manufacturers together with a programmable logic device to consistently deliver electrical power. Servicing the needs of customers is important to Burger – the company produced the largest motor yacht with complete wheelchair accessibility. The history of the company really began with Henry’s parents, Simon and Margaretta Brauburger, who left their home in Bad-Homberg-Ober-Erlinbach, Deutschland and emigrated to the United States when Henry was 7 years old. The family shortened their name to Burger and eventually moved to Milwaukee, Wisconsin, which reminded them of their home in Europe. At the age of 18, Henry began honing his skills by apprenticing as a shipbuilder at the Wolf & Davidson Shipyard in Milwaukee. In 1863, he moved to Manitowoc, Wisconsin, a small community on the shore of Lake Michigan, where he formed the H. Burger Shipyard to produce small, 20' to 30' Mackinaw fishing boats for local commercial fishermen. His reputation for building extremely high quality vessels quickly became known throughout the Great Lakes Region.