Fellows & Stewart Yachts
was established in 1896 as The Joe Fellows Boat Shop. The shipyard operated in Los Angeles Harbor, USA for over 70 years until its closing in 1967. The company designed, built and repaired yachts (both sail and power), as well as workboats and military vessels. Founded by Joe Fellows, an English immigrant who had trained in Seattle and San Francisco, along with his business manager, Victor Stewart, and the well-known naval architect Joseph Pugh. The name of their company was later changed to the Joe Fellows Yacht & Launch Company. It was later incorporated in 1917 as Fellows & Stewart Inc. The company was sold to Harbor Boatbuilding in 1967. The yard was at Pier 206 on Terminal Island, in San Pedro, California, USA. Dozens of black and white photographic prints depicting the firm and its business partners are housed at the Los Angeles Maritime Museum. The collection is entitled Papers of Fellows and Stewart, Inc., 1900-1967. They may be viewed by making an appointment with the museum.