has been building boats for over 67 years to over 600 clients in 52 countries. They are known for their high quality and innovative designs. The history of Swiftship Yachts: they began with Sewart Machine Works and founder Fred Sewart in 1942 before becoming Sewart Seacraft in 1946. The company was renamed Swiftships in 1969. In 1979 Swiftship began a general expansion of its shipyards creating six divisions: Morgan City, Louisiana specialized in aluminum construction of oilfield support vessels, ferryboats, military craft, specialty vessels and pleasure boats; Pass Christian, Mississippi specialized in construction of larger steel-hulled vessels; Lafitte yard in Marrero, Louisiana was the aluminum fabrication yard; and Freeport, Texas was a full service repair yard specializing in supply vessels, large oceangoing barges, utility boats, tugs and crew boats. The Singapore Joint Venture facility with Maroil specialized in construction of military and oilfield support vessels and in Houston, Texas, the Swift/Mangone Division, built large steel hulled vessels.
After several changes over the years, the company reorganized in 2012 to its current Swiftships LLC. A partnership between the LeLeuxs and the Shahs was formulated as ICS Marine and Swiftships became One Team.