were created in the popular yachting area of the Northwest United States, in a town situated off of the Columbia River – Kelso, Washington. R.M. Tollefson started the Tollycraft Yacht Corporation - the company named after his own nickname, Tolly – in 1952. In 1959, the Tollycraft plant nearby the Kelso, Washington airport was built in 3 months, and six thousand yachts were constructed before the company was sold. The overall type of yachts with the Tollycraft name are described as being cruising yachts, though the model types vary widely – from pilothouse, flybridge, long-range cruiser, to cockpit, and aft-cabin. Tollycraft yacht hulls were constructed using fiberglass, and the sizes of Tollycrafts from the 1970’s to the 2000’s generally ranged from 30 feet to 70 feet in length.