was founded in Bellingham, Washington by Art Nordtvedt in 1957. Nordtvedt, as well as many of his crew, had worked for Bellingham Shipyards building Navy Mine Sweepers and Bell Boy Boats before starting Uniflite. The company first built an all fiberglass 17’ outboard. Uniflite then went on to build a 14', an 18' and a 20' outboard and inboard/outboard boats, a 25' express cruiser was followed by an 31' and a 34' boat. Uniflite was the only boat builder, at that time, exclusively using fire-retardant resins in the production of pleasure boats. In January of 1959, the plant and office moved into the old plywood plant in Fairhaven (in Bellingham). This became Uniflite's permanent home, where they remain today. In 1962, Uniflite became a public company trading on the New York Stock Exchange, thus becoming eligible for Navy contracts. In 1965, the Navy awarded Uniflite with a contract to build River Patrol Boats. At the height of production, there were over 750 of these boats built. In addition to the Navy contracts, in the 1960's and early 1970's Uniflite had numerous other military contracts, and also built patrol craft, landing craft, commercial fishing boats, and pleasure sailboats.