was a manufacturer of fiberglass sailboats from 1958 until 1990. Pearson Yachts was founded in 1956 by cousins Clinton Pearson and Everett Pearson in their small garage located in Seekonk, Massachusetts, USA. The company was one of the earliest manufacturers of fiberglass sailboats. The fiberglass material and their methods of construction was brand new and untested. However, Tom Potter from American Boat Building approached the Pearsons with a project to build an auxiliary sailboat that would sell for under $10,000. Naval architect Carl Alberg designed the boat. The result was the Triton 28 sailing auxiliary. The first boat was built in the cousins' garage, in time for the 1959 New York Boat Show. They sustained tremendous growth through the 1960s and 1970s, producing a wide range of sailboats, most of which were designed by Bill Shaw. After changing ownership throughout the 1980s, Pearson Yachts was sold in the bankruptcy of Grumman Allied Industries in 1991. At that time, TPI purchased the rights to the Pearson Yachts name. USWatercraft, formerly known as the Pearson Marine Group, currently holds the rights to the name.